This need is for areas of the earth within which we stand without our mechanisms that make us immediate masters over our environment...

Howard Zahniser, on Wilderness

Monday, September 20, 2010

Au revoir, plage perdu!


Well. It's official and has been for months, old friends.


My two years as the backcountry ranger at King Range have come to an end.


I hope that the archived blog that I leave behind can be of some help to you and to our old friend, Posterity. "Would you like to say hello to Posterity?" (Mike Flanders of Flanders & Swann).

If you are planning a trip to the King Range... by all means contact the King Range office with your questions. They can still be reached at ca338@ca.blm.gov and at 707-986-5400. They will gladly answer your questions and will be most helpful in planning you trip.

Should that avenue seem difficult or should you have questions about this blog, feel free to contact me--your humble blogger--at my new email address. I can be reached at derek_carr@fws.gov. I do not guarantee a prompt response and honestly I cannot offer you the LATEST information on Lost Coast conditions--I am now stationed in Sacramento. The Lost Coast was my home for 2008-2010, though, and I haven't any trouble offering some free advice.

In addition, I am able to offer basic advice in planning a backpacking trip or other multi-day outdoor adventure.

If you are planning the trip of a lifetime and really need personalized help, drop me a line. If you are in the Bay Area or Sacramento, I'm just down the street.

Get out there and check it out!



Also, come visit me at www.velomento.blogspot.com.



No comments: